Thursday, April 17, 2008

McDonald's or Bust...My Ridiculous Craving



8:30 pm Thursday night. I have not eaten dinner, nor am I interested in doing so. We had to travel north of the city to run some errands and as we were on our way home my heart was set on a McDonald's chocolate dipped cone....yep, their deliciously cheap vanilla soft serve ice cream, lightly coated with the perfectly hardened dipped chocolate served on a sweet, crispy cone. You see, here in the city you have to be very strategic about locating a fast food joint (especially one with a drive thru)So we quickly pull in to the 2-Lane drive thru...yes, 2 lanes! Mouth watering, I am thinking, with a deluxe drive thru like this, no worries they will for sure serve the chocolate dipped cone. The person calls over the speaker for our order. "One chocolate dipped cone, please" says my husband who justs wants this order to go through so that my craving will be fixed! "we don't have that here" replied the man/woman/it from the little metal box. Strange, strange voice. We looked at eachother, first of all confused by who or what just answered us; secondly, I was in utter dismay and pity and third, my poor husband was trapped with me in the car with an unsatisfied craving (that's a very, very dangerous situation to be in my friend)Quietly and calmly he asked me if there was anything else I would like...he named it all, but for that moment only one thing would suffice...A CHOCOLATE DIPPED CONE FROM MCDONALDS!!! I immediately came home and googled the situation and here's just one item I found (proof that McDonald's do dip....some better than others. But apparently none in Massachusetts!) http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=14318

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home