Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shades On. Windows Down.



What a beautiful day in New England! It was so beautiful, that I decided to venture out and drive my car to work. Some might be confused, thinking that on a nice day one would chose to walk...that is a good conclusion and often my preference;however, today the 50 degree warm air enticed me to get in my station wagon, crank up the radio, roll down the windows and pretend that it's spring time. What a glorious 15 minutes! This, my friends,is why New Englanders persevere 8 months of winter. Spring, summer and fall in Boston compare to no other place in this country!Agghh... This afternoon I went for a run with a friend to the Arnold Arboretum and cooked dinner for my amiga Amy (see photos above for the lamb, brocolli,salad and wine feast). My soul is refreshed,just in time for the ice and sleet heading our way on Friday. Flowers are blooming somewhere in the world, right? This is my hope. For now, the only color I have to gaze upon are the flowers on my kitchen table. They'll do (for now).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

You are so close to martha stewart it is scary... that meal looks so fab and I would have loved to sit amongst you two....or to even have a friend that cooks like that within a 200 mile radius!!! You are amazing darling and I am grateful that God has given you Amy who even looks like a gem just promise that you won't ever like her more than me...pinkie swear...haha love ya

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love that you are blogging and I especially love the pics of your delicious meal! totally wish i could be there to enjoy and say a toast to friendship.... one day. :) i am looking forward to more posts from you, C!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home