Wednesday, December 17, 2008

my amazing husband

Chris made it back safely from his 2008 winter mountaineering adventure. He and 3 other guys made the trek to northern Maine to submerge themselves in the elements of -10 degree weather (plus windchill..you know it's cold when your tuna in oil packet is frozen solid!) I am so proud of him and thankful that he was able to get away one last time before our daughter makes her big debute. Although I don't understand why he enjoys doing such difficult, painful and draining things "for fun"-I know that they are so life giving to him, so refreshing and rejuvinating in their own special way. I am thankful for a husband who is willing to take risks, be courageous and adventurous and pray that Amelia is much more like her father than her overly cautious mother!

"If you treat a man as he is, he will stay as he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become the bigger and better man"-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Here's to my bigger, better man!

just taking a breather on his way to the top
the crew making their way over and down

much gear needed, so each man pulled a sled


tent covered in snow...oh how i love my cozy bed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home