Monday, August 10, 2009

One Hour Proposal

So I stand here multitasking I am wondering what families could be like in America if moms nation wide were alloted (1) free hour a day to do whatever they want? Just (1) hour is all I am thinking. And "want" is the keyword...not have to do. That turns out to be a whopping 7 HOURS a week for those of you who find the calculation a little challenging:) 7 hours to read, take a nature walk, sit and stare at a wall, drink a cup of tea, chat uninterrupted with a friend, write a letter to some one special, wander aimlessly through a cute little shop, sit in the bathtub...no laundry, cooking, cleaning, trips to the grocery store, paying bills, working, changing diapers, feeding others,etc. Just 1 blissful hour to yourself. I think this proposal could transform homes and families nationwide. What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharla said...

word. one hour EVERYday--that would be awesome. no matter how hard i try to be a fun, light-hearted mom all the time; i am most (ahem, only) fun and light-hearted after a much needed break. so i think i'd be as happy as can be. :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

One hour would rock... seriously we need to mention this idea to the higher ups!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I am all about this. So many of my "free" hours are spent doing all of the other things I need to get done besides being a mom. But, pre-school/mother's day out or whatever it's called wherever you live is a GREAT thing for both mom and kid, once they are over the baby stage...at least it has been for me.

5:17 AM  
Blogger MichelleWebb said...

Not just in the US - but how about the world over! I would love the extra hour a day! The great thing is if I had an extra hour a day I could sometimes go to get an awesome, deep tissue massage just across the street for $3.50 USD! :) But I couldn't browse the aisles of Target :( which I think would be REALLY fun! Great idea Courtney!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home