Monday, February 09, 2009

the midnight oil...




it's been about a week since this photo was taken but I still find it humorous and disheartening all at the same time...a night's worth of diaper changes! I was so exhausted that I didn't even feel like putting them in the trash can at the time so there they sat when the sun came up and I came to my senses. We have decided that we are going to start using her "output" as our main energy source. With having to keep the house so warm for her, it's about time she start pitching in to cover the outrageous electric bills :)I might also add that this was the same night that I woke up with a numb mouth filled with some type of type of chalky substance-what was it you might ask? Well, it was 1 of 3 ibuprofen pills that I thought I had swallowed in the middle of the night, guess I feel asleep before I even swallowed. Oh dear!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Oh my this made me laugh out loud... this picture and story need to go in the book for mom's for sure!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger kari said...

i can TOTALLY relate. one night i was singing "On Christ the Solid Rock" to titus b/c it's his song we sing before we lay him to bed each night. i got to the end and heard myself sing, "all other ground is sleeping sand." i shook my head in disbelief of how exhausted i was. sleeping sand? hang in their mommy!!! and this too shall pass. enjoy those naptimes of sleeping sand. i love you!!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home